Everybody Dance Now!
Living with additional needs can in some cases make it difficult for an individual to express themselves. Dancing allows students to do this through movement and our classes are created to allow all our students to join in, encouraging increased physical fitness and promoting the development of gross motor skills.
Props, free movement, and student input with music within these classes allow our students to grow in confidence, encouraging them to be creative, imaginative and build different relationships while having fun with others.
Address and contact information
- Pioneer Building, Units 3-5 Old Pioneer Building, Alma Street/Rochdale Road, BACUP, Lancashire OL13 9NZ
- Contact Name
- Leanne Royle
- Contact Position
- 07738 964574, 01706 559671
- Dansworks Website
Teacher - Leanne Royle
Leanne began her dance journey at the age of two years joining a dance school in Manchester, specialising in IDTA Ballet, Tap and Jazz. Falling in love with dance almost immediately, Leanne Completed exams, performed in open days, festivals and annual showcases. During her time at the dance school alongside her own training and gaining qualifications in Tap, Ballet and Jazz, Leanne began to assist with the teaching within the pre-school and primary classes. After leaving school Leanne applied to and was offered a place at Sheena Simon College joining their performing arts and music BTEC course in Manchester.
Leanne’s career took a turn due to an injury; her new path took her to Paediatric Health and Social care. Working within a Children’s Neurodevelopmental Centre; specialising in pre-school children with additional needs therapy and assessment. Gaining qualifications in level four health and social care foundation degree and Makaton (language program using signs and symbols). Leanne has accessed various training to assist in working with both children with and without additional needs; including communicating without words, assessment tools for Autism Spectrum Disorder, sensory training and child development stages including anatomy and physiology.
Following College Leanne has continued within the dance world in her free time, gaining exposure to festivals, shows and dance classes. Leanne in November 2018 decided to return to her love of dance and becoming a teacher and joined the Danswork’s team. Leanne is dedicated to continually developing her knowledge in both dance and health enabling her to provide children with a fun dance experience no matter what a child’s age or abilities are. Leanne's passion for dance and her dancing background coupled with her work in the NHS has made her a perfect fit for the Dansworks family.
How to get there
- 4 Dance Studios
- Viewing windows
- Ample Free Public Parking on the Maden Centre Car Park
- Reception area with small drinks and snacks bar
- 2 toilets (one disability friendly accessible toilet)
- Small waiting area with children’s toys and cloak room
- 2 entrances/exits, one is disability friendly with ramped access for wheelchairs, prams, and pushchairs
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £20.00* per month
- Classes cost £5.00 which is payable monthly throughout the academic year. Classes and payment plans can be cancelled at any time without penalty. The first calendar month is a free trial period. To receive the free trial, please create an account on our website, add your students and then add the '1st Month Free Trial' to your basket and checkout at no cost. Once you have done this, you can then add the classes you want to try (as many as you like). You will then checkout, choosing the option that says 1st Month Free followed by x number of monthly payments. If you wish to cancel at the end of your free trial, simply let us know at the end of the month and we will cancel your payment plan.
- Referral required
- Referral Details
It is always best to contact us first, this way you can tell us more about your child and their specific needs etc. This also allows us to be prepared.
- Other notes
Welcome to Dansworks!
Here at Dansworks Dance Academy of Performing Arts, we like to do things a little differently.
Forget everything you ever imagined a dance or performing arts school to be; Dansworks is not like that. Instead, we’re an exuberantly friendly bunch who take the time to value every pupil we have, regardless of their level of ability. We’re not judgemental, but provide a caring and encouraging environment where every student can learn and grow.
We respect individuality, so whatever you’re trying to achieve and whatever you’re capable of, we’ll make sure you fulfil your potential.
More Than A Dance Academy
Dansworks Dance Academy of Performing Arts is more than just a dance school.
Our qualified instructors cover the full range of performing arts, so whether you want to learn to dance, perform, sing or act, you can find a welcoming place of learning with us.
Thanks to our inclusive approach, we’re open to anyone of any gender, age, ability or experience, so whether your goal is to become a professional performer on the West End stage, or whether you simply want to boost your confidence or improve your physical fitness, Dansworks will welcome you with open arms.
At Dansworks, our vision is to realise a world where dance is part of everyone’s everyday life, regardless of ability – or disability! Our dedicated and approachable staff are on a mission to make engagement with dance important to all individuals and communities in Bacup, Rossendale and beyond but, most importantly, they’re here to help you achieve your dreams.
- Local Offer Age Bands
5-11 years old
11-16 years old
16-19 years old
19-25 years old