Children's Occupational Therapy - Lancashire
The primary goal of occupational therapy is to enable children and young people to participate as much as possible in activities of everyday life. We incorporate meaningful and purposeful activites to enable those with limitations or impairments to reach their full potential.
As Occupational Therapists we address the questions....
- Why does the child/young person have difficulties managing their daily activities (or occupations)?
- What we can do to make it possible for them to manage better?
- How will this impact on their health and wellbeing?
Address and contact information
- Royal Preston Hospital, Sharoe Green Lane, Preston, Lancashire PR2 9HT
- 01772 644498 - Chorley & South Ribble, 01772 777318 - Greater Preston, 01695 684300 - West Lancashire, 01254 283814 - Hyndburn, Ribble Valley and Rossendale, 01282 628359 - Burnley and Pendle, 01254 283103 - Blackburn with Darwen
The Occupational Therapy service will see:
- Children and young people who have an address and GP within the Central and Peninne regions of Lancashire (the geographical footprint of the service).
- We offer a service for children and young people aged 0-18.
- For young people who access special education, we will continue to support known health needs up to the age of 19. For any new needs identified post 18th birthday, we will support you to refer to adult services.
- Children with a physical motor difficulty which is impacting on their daily occupations, their independence or access to their home environment.
- If the evidence base indicates that Occupational Therapy will be beneficial to reducing the impact of their difficulties.
- If you are unsure if you meet our criteria please contact us to discuss.
- Local Offer Age Bands
0-4 years old
5-11 years old
11-16 years old
16-19 years old