Community Paediatric Neurodevelopmental service - North Lancashire
We are a team of doctors who specialise in assessing and managing children and young people (0-19 years) who have developmental problems or disability and are registered with a north Lancashire GP.
The team work closely with other health professionals such as GPs, therapists, nurses, health visitors, hospital doctors, psychologists and mental health workers as well as staff from other agencies such as education and social care.
We provide the following services for Children and Young people with additional needs:
- Pre-school service for children where there are concerns about delayed or atypical development including neurological conditions, cerebral palsy, complex neuro-disability, syndromes with associated developmental difficulty such as Down`s syndrome, social communication problems including Autism
- Medical assessment & advice for Education Health & Care Plans for children with identified special educational needs
- Liaison & advice for children with medical conditions under review by our service
- Medical assessment & advice for Children Looked After or undergoing Adoption
- School age service for children attending special schools as required( Morecambe Road School , Loyne School , Bleasdale School )
- School age service for children with Autism already known to our service
Address and contact information
- Longlands Child Development Centre, Corran Ra, Westbourne Drive, Lancaster, Lancashire LA1 5EE
- Contact Name
- Community paediatric neurodevelopmental service
Accessing the service
Referrals can be made from health professionals including GPs, Health Visitors, School Nurses, Psychologists, Hospital Doctors, Community Nurses, Therapists, educational psychology, children`s social care & specialist teachers. This service does not accept self-referrals.
If you think your child may need our service, please discuss this with any of the professionals listed above who will be able to advise you & make a referral if appropriate.