Community Paediatrics - West Lancashire
Our community paediatric services are made up of a team of specialist children’s doctors with skills and expertise in child development, autism, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), social and educational paediatrics.
The Community Paediatric Services are closely linked to hospital services. The services do not usually deal with one-off, short term illness but rather, offers long term support, co-ordination of services and management on a continuous basis to many children with “special needs”, such as a disability or long term illness.
Much of child health work is of a statutory nature, carried out under the Children Act, the Education Act and Adoption Regulations.
- The community paediatric team is based in Ormskirk hospital
Address and contact information
- Community Paediatrics Team, Ormskirk & District General Hospital, Wigan Road, Ormskirk, Lancashire L39 2AZ
Where we work
Our office, which manages our referrals, is based at Ormskirk Hospital, however we deliver our services to children and young people in convenient and easy to access venues across West Lancashire including:
- Ormskirk: Community Paediatrics Ormskirk Hospital Wigan Road Ormskirk L39 2AZ Contact Number: 01695656281
- Birleywood: Community Paediatrics Birleywood Health Centre Birleywood Skelmersdale WN8 9BW Contact Number: 07780629314
- Sandy Lane: Community Paediatrics Sandy Lane Health Centre Sandy Lane Skelmersdale WN8 8LA Contact Number: 03002470011
- Tarleton: Community Paediatrics Tarleton Health Centre Gorse Lane Tarleton Preston PR4 6UJ Contact Number: 03002470011
- Hants Lane: Community Paediatrics Hants Lane Clinic Hants Lane Ormskirk L39 1PX Contact Number: 03002470011
- Burscough: Community Paediatrics Burscough Health Centre 1 Stanley Court Burscough Ormskirk L40 4LA Contact Number: 03002470011
How to get there
The Community Paediatrics Team in Ormskirk can accept referrals from:
- Hospital clinicians
- CAMHS professionals
- Specialist Education Professionals (i.e. Educational Psychologists and SEN team and Safe Guarding team in local authority)
- Specialist Nursing Professionals
- Health Visitors
- School Nurses
- Senior Therapists