Deaf Village Northwest
The Deaf Village is a Deaf-Led organisation that promotes inclusivity at its core. The Deaf Village will establish, develop, maintain, operate and manage a number of services that are inclusive within the local community and the wider boroughs.
Our vision for the North West region is to establish a strong, cohesive and prosperous community where everyone is active, treated fairly and thriving, where people’s faiths and cultures are understood and respected. Our activities will address segregation, reduce social exclusion and continually value and embrace our diversity, enriching all of our lives through community endeavours.
- The Deaf Village provides access to specialist D/deaf service provisions including:
- Our Deaf Hub, which offers an in-reach/out-reach service to the Deaf community
- The White House, a specialist Deaf provision communal living environment that offers a secure and stable residence for those with complex care needs not otherwise catered for across the usual strands of care provision.
- An aspirational Deaf College for post-16 education, currently in development
- Deaf Village Enterprises led by the Deaf, for our Deaf and hearing community
Address and contact information
- Deaf Village Northwest, 744, Preston Old Road, Blackburn, BB2 5EN
- Contact Name
- Debra Cartlidge
- 01254 54411, 07989 447429
- Local Offer Age Bands
16-19 years old
19-25 years old
- SEN Provision Type