Mayfield House School.
Mayfield House School is an Independent School for boys and girls aged 6-14 years who have social, emotional and mental health needs and or associated anxiety.
Our service enables students to:-
- Access a positive and therapeutic educational experience,
- Develop strategies to cope and manage behaviours and anxieties,
- Access a bespoke curriculum to meet the individual learning needs,
Our Pupils enjoy a positive educational experience. Children are encouraged to access a full curriculum tailored to their individual learning needs; creating a pathway to success.
Our aim is to engage children who have faced barriers to learning and experienced a negative school experience. Providing a safe environment where the children's needs are understood, allowing our pupils to rediscover their ability to learn and thrive.
Our experienced team will support our pupils with a variety of difficulties. Previously learning may have been impacted by challenging behaviours, low self-esteem or difficulty with relationships resulting in gaps in their education and missed learning opportunities. These difficulties could be a result of one of the following issues:
- Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH)
- Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia)
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder/ Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- Oppositional Defiance Disorder (ODD)
- Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA)
- Moderate Learning difficulties (MLD)
- Conduct Disorder
- Attachment Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Trauma Informed Behaviours
Address and contact information
- Mayfield House School, 1, Mayfield Road, Chorley, Lancashire PR6 0DG
- Contact Name
- June Barker
- Contact Position
- Head Teacher
- 01257 511231
How to get there
Age Ranges : 6 to 14 years of age
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Pupils will usually have an Education, Health and Care Plan and normally be referred by their local authority.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
- Other notes
Support for people with Mental Health Conditions and associated Anxiety Trauma Informed Behaviours
Speech, language and communication needs
Local Offer Age Bands: 6-14 years old Needs Level: Medium, High SEN Provision Type: Specialist
- Local Offer Age Bands
5-11 years old
11-16 years old