Children's Physiotherapy - Lancashire
The Children's Physiotherapy Team provides support for children and young people (aged 0-19 years) who have a condition that affects their movement, posture or physical skills development.
The service is child/young person and family focussed. It aims to promote maximum independence and the ability of the child/young person to participate in family, school and social activities.
The Paediatric Physiotherapy service provides:
- Specialist advice on equipment and activities that can help the child or young person
- Activity programmes for the child/young person and their carer(s) to follow
- Episodes of treatment to achieve goals which are jointly set with the child/young person and their family around improving gross motor skills and function
Address and contact information
- Broadoaks CDC, Broadoak Child Development Centre, Balcarres Road, Leyland, Lancashire PR25 3ED
- 01772 644498 - Chorley and South Ribble, 01772 777318 - Greater Preston, 01695 684300 - West Lancs
Children receive physiotherapy in a variety of community locations, including their own homes, mainstream schools, special schools, health centres and clinics.
- Broadoaks CDC: Balcarres Road, Leyland PR25 3ED Broadoaks MAP (Word document opens in new window)
- Ormskirk CDC: Wigan Road, Ormskirk L39 2JW West Lancs MAP (Word document opens in new window)
- Park Children's Centre: Barnes Road, Skelmersdale Lancashire WN8 8HN
- The Healthport, Vicarage Lane, (Off Watling Street Road), Fulwood, Preston, PR2 8DW
- Minerva Health Centre, Lowthorpe Street, Preston, PR1 6SB
- Local Offer Age Bands
0-4 years old
5-11 years old
11-16 years old
16-19 years old