Terms and conditions
We welcome requests from service providers wishing to being included within our directory.
To be included your service needs to provide a free or low cost and affordable local or national service that benefits children and young people and their families in Lancashire with special educational needs and disabilities.
The directory is managed by Lancashire County Council. We will check your entry to make sure that it complies with our guidelines and requirements and we may edit, change or refuse your submission to ensure it complies with our requirements.
- This is a local directory for services across Lancashire but may include some national services which benefit our local families.
- If we do include national websites and services we would normally expect these to be maintained and managed by a registered charity and/or accredited body
- We reserve the right not to publish your information and inclusion is at our discretion. We may alter or edit your submission. If you do not agree with any amendments we have made you may request that your entry from the directory is removed.
- We may request additional information or verification if you provide services that support children and/or vulnerable people such as details of accreditations or DBS clearance
- You agree that we may contact you from time to time to check the accuracy of your listing
If you request content to be added to the directory:
You agree and confirm that:
- All content submitted by you is accurate, true and up to date and, if your content contains opinions, these are your own and genuinely and truly held by you;
- All content submitted by you may be used on this website in any way required. Content may be rejected, edited, moderated, removed or deleted at our absolute discretion.
- All content is original to you and you are fully entitled (and have all necessary consents) to submit the content (you must also have the consent of anyone featured in the content to provide this to us) and you are agreeable for this to be used as set out in the terms;
- Nothing in the content will infringe the copyright or any other right of any person, breach any contract or duty of confidence, be defamatory, obscene, offensive, indecent, harassing, threatening, breach anyone’s privacy or may constitute a contempt of court or be calculated to bring any person into disrepute.
Your personal data
Personal information you are asked to supply on your registration form ("Your Personal Data"), will be used as follows:
- To administer your registration and account;
- To make decisions about whether content you submit should be accepted, rejected or used.
If you become aware of any misuse of the content or wish to complain about any content on this website or believe any of your rights have been violated, you can contact us.
If you are not happy with how the council has handled your personal information, you can complain to us to give us the opportunity to resolve this with you. You should contact Lancashire County Council's data protection officer if you have a complaint.
If we cannot resolve the issue you can complain to the Information Commissioner:
- You may terminate your listings at any time, for any reason. Even after your Account is terminated (for whatever reason) the Terms will remain in full force and effect. Your Content will remain on the website.
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account or access to any part of the website at any time if you breach the Terms or for technical reasons.
- You can ask us to remove your content directory listings from the website if you are providing a non regulated service. Some information shown on the website directory for regulated services is provided by automated data feeds where we do not control the information and you may need to contact the appropriate regulatory body (such as Ofsted or CQC) if any of the information shown is inaccurate or needs to be removed.
- These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Any disputes arising from this website or terms will be decided only by the English courts.